Saturday, August 30, 2008

Just Plain Funny

So yesterday I ended up collapsing at work having difficulty breathing. I had just come in from outside and it was about 104 degrees out there. I was lying on the floor and 3 men standing over me getting me various things...ice, gatorade, water and one on the phone with 911. Stubborn me said "don't you dare call an ambulance." How embarrassing, not to mention the bazillion dollars they charge you, even with insurance! I finally cooled down, but I felt like an elephant was sitting on the right side of my ribcage. It was incredibly weird. After a while, I started feeling ok, just really drained and tired. I was getting the talks from everyone - go to ER or go to Urgent Care. Finally, I decided I would. I ended up going to Urgent Care and this is where I had to laugh.

The nurse comes in and take my vital. I'm fine! Then the doctor comes in and basically tells me to strip down. She starts feeling around and asking me to take deep breath's in and out. She found the painful place by placing pressure on the area. Not fun! She then wants to complete an X-Ray. So she leaves the room and the tech comes in saying, "Tammy we need to do a pregancy test." I busted out laughing!!! She looked at me and said, "what's so funny?" I said, maam' I haven't had sex in 11 years...not even a kiss! She laughed and said,"not even in your dreams?" "Nope...not even in those," I replied. Well, they still had to take one. Five minutes later she comes back into my little room and says "Maam', guess what? Your not pregnant." We both just cracked up and had the whole place in stitches!

I had to share this humor! Oh...I have a myofascial strain of the right ribs and heat exhaustion. I'm fine!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter